We will be pleased to send your choice of a nice selection of free gifts as a thank you for taking part in the survey. You may choose a limited edition tee shirt with the message "When it comes to microplates, my opinion counts" (XL only). The specially commissioned graphic is shown at left.
Alternatively, you may select a chest of 30 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, our quality laser pointer, a 120 minute MCI phone card, an electronic stopwatch, a stainless steel folding pocket knife, or a $5 gift card to Barnes & Noble, good towards a book, CD, or cup of coffee on us. Please be sure to select your choice of free gift near the bottom of the survey. Thank you for participating.
0. To begin, please enter the validation code from your survey invitation. If you do not have a validation code, please use your initials (e.g. if your name is John Allen Fry, use jaf as your validation code).
1. Do you currently use or have access to a microplate reader/counter?
2. Please list the brands and models together with approximate purchase price and year acquired for all microplate readers and counters purchased in the past three years. (Please check all detection modes that apply, where A=absorbance, FI=fluorescence intensity FP=fluorescence polarization, TRF=time resolved fluorescence, L=luminescence, and R=radioisotopic).
3. Why did you choose the most recent model of microplate reader/counter? (Please be specific).
4. Would you make that same decision again if you purchased another today?
5. Please indicate the number of plates used on a monthly basis for the following methods.
6. Please indicate the number of plates used on a monthly basis for the following applications.
7. With respect to your most recent model of microplate reader, what percent of its usage is devoted to the following areas? (Please note, these should add up to 100%).
8. What improvements or new features would you like to see in microplate readers, counters or related equipment?
9. From the alphabetic list of microplate reader/counter manufacturers, please mark the one you would rank highest in each area. (You may choose a manufacturer more than once).
10. Are you planning to purchase a microplate reader/counter within the next 12 months?
11. If you are planning to purchase a new microplate reader, what detection mode(s) will it include?
12. If so, which instruments and manufacturers are you considering?
13. Which of the following process steps have you automated? (Please check all that apply).
14. Does an automated plate transfer occur between any of these steps?
15. If yes, please identify the automated plate transfers by marking the appropriate check boxes below.
16. For each category of automated microplate process instrumentation you own or operate, please itemize the brands, and models together with quantity, approximate cost per instrument and year acquired, starting with the most recent.
17. Are you planning to purchase further automated microplate process instrumentation within the next 12 months?
18. If so, for which of the following process steps? (Please check all that apply).
This final section is for ALL respondents
19. Please indicate below the scientific discipline in which you are involved.
20. How would you best describe your organization?OK, now, please choose your free gift from the following list:
And tell us where to send it, or how to contact you, if necessary:
First name, Last name:
City, State, Zipcode:
Your Assurance: PhorTech International follows the Market Research Ethical Standards for ESOMAR, (the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research) and the MRA (the US Marketing Research Association). Your anonymity will be preserved and only composite statistical results are presented to our client. We do not sell or rent our lists of scientists. Thank you.
Note. Invite your qualified colleagues in other laboratories to respond. Just have them enter as their validation code. But remember, you must clear the form and start over. Near duplicate (or largely unanswered) entries are automatically deleted by the system.